GP Tuition Singapore
JC GP tuition lessons, at Byron, have helped many students from various junior colleges to do well in their General paper.
The General Paper Syllabus
1) Maturity of Thought.
2) Independent Thinking
3) Proficient use of language.
Through the above, the GP seeks to:
- Enlighten students about the reality of the world they live in and develop an awareness of issues of change and continuity.
- Widen students’ horizons and to appreciate the delicacy of relationships between countries and us.
- Help students to develop more mature thinking through critical reading and thinking.
- Develop students’ abilities to communicate effectively.
- Develop the ability to evaluate ideas and arguments from different perspectives.
- Encourage students to research and uncover more details pertaining to an issue.
Years of Experience
Scored A or B
- We engage in discussions to hone argument and counter-argument skills
- We embrace a structured approach to address the demands of different genres of essay writing.
- We focus on rebuttal and refutation skills, alongside qualification and concession skills.
- short answered questions
- stylistic devices type of questions
- summary quesions
- application question
- paraphrasing skills
We highlight strategies and techniques to ace this paper.
We emphasise paraphrasing skills.
Effective Communication Skills
Testimonials & Featured Students
Bernice Tan @ Raffles Institution
Through the short span of 3 months, she patiently taught me so many helpful examination skills from time management to answering techniques. Additionally, I was touched by how much she genuinely cared for her students’ welfare and always helped us see the positive side of things. Even after I had achieved a less-than-ideal prelim grade of C for GP, Ms Ho encouraged me to focus on how much I had improved since the previous exam, rather than on how much work I still had to put in.
In the weeks leading up to the A levels, she continued to encourage all of us through little Whatsapp messages or hand-written cards of encouragement which really kept me going. I will always be thankful for the patience and dedication she had to vet through numerous essay drafts I had sent her during this period. It was definitely thanks to Ms Ho’s help that I had managed to achieve a distinction for GP, something I would not have imagined to be possible in July of 2020.
Eunyce Loh @ Nanyang Junior College
Daren Chng @ Hwa Chong Institution